Thus arrives Day Zero of the A-Z Challenge. Thank you so much to all the organisers and to those who kept chivvying us along to complete each day’s blog. I actually found the zest to write each day as opposed to writing a whole lot of entries and scheduling them. I will do the same for the next Challenge, God Willing.
Thank you for travelling this journey through my book with me and I do hope you have enjoyed the glimpses of my heroes’ story. Through the excerpts I’ve shared with you, I’ve taken you to almost the end of Book I, ‘Escape from Mount vilipend’.
At this point, where I and my band of heroes leave you until all is revealed on publication, all I can say is that everything and everyone (and that includes proponents for both sides of the spectrum) remain subject to the zeitgeber principle. [World Book Dictionary – German – zeitgeber, literally means ‘time giver’: ‘any time indicator, such as light, dark, or temperature, that influences the workings of the biological clock’].
Incidentally, have I left any loose ends? Let me know what you think.
Here are some of the aspects which need to be tied up that I can think of off the top of my head.
- Caliginor, the Darkenighte for The Darke, in his mortality, was vanquished by The Lighte. Was his Darke essence conquered and despatched once more into the Underdarke or does it still linger to cause more trouble?
- It was intimated that Mount Vilipend was destroyed but is this simply wishful thinking on the part of the travellers?
- Mǽgema has disappeared. Did her crystalline essence simply travel too far from the rest of her essence, still in the tarn in Mount Vilipend, so that she was unable to continue; did her essence disappear when Mount Vilipend disappeared; or is there something more sinister at work?
- We know that Tirǽche was abducted by The Order of The Watchers – a guardian order for The Lighte - but why?
- What is the ‘pivot’ and ‘crossing’ The Watchers keep speaking about with regard to Tirǽche?
- Sinuthe, the Blade Dragon, the eldest son of Senthe and Suthe, has formed a mind-bond with Shaíne but Blade Dragons form mind-bonds only with their appointed Royals. Is the mind-bond between these two the unlikely outcome of aeons of living under the rule of The Darke, or is there something else at play?
- Shaíne, Tirǽche's daughter, was the first of the young girls to disappear from the group. However, each and every young girl was ‘spirited’ away leaving families devastated by grief. What has happened to all the girls?
- Are the Fai Berth actually The Watchers and what would make The Order of The Watchers hide as a mortal colony instead of living in The Realm of The Lighte which is their rightful home?
- Has the Pretender to Caliginor’s position been destroyed or is he still going to be around to cause more trouble?
- Who are and what is the purpose of the three Yldryf who attacked Weda’Sel?
- Will they, as a group, continue further together or will they perish because Weda'Sel will not be able to protect them?
- Where is the odour-darzim which needs to be destroyed by Weda’Sel and how will it be possible for Weda’Sel to do so in his weakened state?
- Where is the home to which the group travels and will they, in fact, ever reach it?
- Will all the loose ends be tied together before the end of Book I?
That’s all from me for this Challenge. It’s been a delight and I am so very happy that I managed to complete it. I have made so many new friends and found so many wonderful Blogs to enjoy over the next year.
Here’s a final poem to end the A-Z. One is never too old to work at what one loves and when one does what one loves, it is never work.
OLD HABITS DIE HARD
They told me I was too old!
Habits of a career
Embedded within my soul
Die a daily death
As I tread the familiar
Hard concrete corridors
Of my discounted memories