Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 April 2014

Unite or Fight

Storm  clouds on the drive home from work a few weeks ago - Johannesburg 2014 


What I've done this A-Z is have a set of poems available for each day but, because I really like the daily interaction, all my explanations, pictures and prose are added the night before the post goes out.  It gives me a feeling of connectedness.  I love the picture I've chosen for this poem.  The splash of light really is quite remarkable in the surrounding gloam (and yes, there is such a word from which the word 'gloaming' is derived and it means twilight).

Anyway, tonight is no different and I got to thinking about the poetry I've shared so far.  I've decided that I have quite a bizarre way of looking at the world and life. 

Oh well, I've never been accused of being normal, so I'll just continue to enjoy how I view experiences where other people don't even recognise the occurrence of an experience.  

Talking of which, the picture at the end of the poem provides one of - a different view of Unite or Fight; an alternative ending; or simply an arbitrary picture with no meaning at all... :)


Unite or Fight

Walking into the room last night
I stumbled into a sphere of light
I couldn't look at it
Yet couldn't look away

Within such a dark place
How could there be such light?
As I breathe in the inexplicable 
My mind fills with unspeakable fright

Is this the end of time and times?
Is this to be the end of all?
Will dark and light at last unite?
Or will there be a fight?





6 comments:

  1. They are like two moths, staring at a flame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it, a battle of light and dark, but comment above got me seeing moths so maybe I missed the point! #AtoZchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, I honestly hadn't thought of two moths - you clearly also see the world differently from most and I find that fascinating. Moths are a good analogy... :)
    MC, this was one of the poems I wrote for a specific chapter of 'Escape from Mount Vilipend' and did start out as a battle between dark and light. The beauty of poetry is that, depending on one's state of mind at the time, a poem can have myriad meanings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poem was breathtaking! I especially loved the last two lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Chrys
    It's those two lines which are the most memorable for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely felicity thank you! Interesting about the moth attracted to the light but dies because of it.

    ReplyDelete