Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Caliginor (3 April 2013)


[Continuing the theme of my Epic Fantasy, ‘The Daighacaer’ ("Day-gar-care"); Book I, Escape From Mount Vilipend]

The first character to be introduced in Escape from Mount Vilipend is Caliginor, the Darkenighte for The Darke in the Realm of Faeré.

Derivative: The name Caliginor (“cālīginor”) is derived from the archaic word ‘caliginous’ which means ‘devoid of or deficient in light or brightness; shadowed or black; mistiness, darkness, fog, gloom’. [Origin: 1540–50; < Latin cālīginōsus misty, equivalent to cālīgin- (stem of cālīgō)]

Description: Caliginor is essentially an archetype for evil and malevolence who believes himself to be above everyone and everything, including The Darke itself.

The arrogance and depravity of Caliginor knows no bounds and, as one of my focus group readers said “Caliginor is so totally disgusting and what he does is so beyond anything I thought possible that, although I was completely spellbound, all I wanted to do when he was with Delenar in the UnderChambers was to climb into the book and physically take him out myself”.

Caliginor has no redeeming qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment